Audacity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's, Laptops, and media devices

+4
Hugsie
omgitzhammertime
IceDevil
Itachi6972
8 posters

Go down

Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's, Laptops, and media devices Empty Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's, Laptops, and media devices

Post by Itachi6972 Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPmtQDWZ1s

I am screwed if this gets passed... I've got well over 10k dollars worth of pirated programs, games, movies, and music, not even my OS is legit lol!
Itachi6972
Itachi6972
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 147
IGN : Itachi6972
Dom6972
Class : Reborn Seig
Reborn Arien
Level : 6x(12x)
6x(6x)

Back to top Go down

Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's, Laptops, and media devices Empty Re: Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's, Laptops, and media devices

Post by IceDevil Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:23 am

dont pirate,,,, you probably pirarted lunia, even though its free
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Male Posts : 377
Class : Yuki
Level : 6x! YAY ME! (clap clap clap)

Back to top Go down

Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's, Laptops, and media devices Empty Re: Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's, Laptops, and media devices

Post by Itachi6972 Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:07 am

Pirated, GTA4, Crysis, Gears of War, DMC4, and more.

Why should I have to pay when I get everything free? Smile
Itachi6972
Itachi6972
Freshman
Freshman

Dom6972
Reborn Arien
6x(6x)

Back to top Go down

Post by IceDevil Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:22 am

because the companies work hard, and even though the CEOs dont lose money, the companies might have to lay off some workers to make up for the lost money, workers that have wifes and children.
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Male Posts : 377
Class : Yuki
Level : 6x! YAY ME! (clap clap clap)

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitzhammertime Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:15 am

This will ultimately go nowhere; it's just designed to scare people. If and when the bill comes to pass, only a small amount of people will get busted and charged, for the sole point of making an example and instilling more fear. It's really no different than the RIAA and MPAA lawsuits that you've heard about the past several years, except for the fact they want to violate your 4th amendment rights (in the U.S.) this time. That's the whole reason they are probably gonna try and use a 'national security' gimmick to get around it. This is probably why they aren't releasing details yet because it's tricky ground and I doubt the end result is going to be anywhere near what the rumors are saying. I wouldn't worry

Piracy is bad but there's a lot of bad things that go on every day in the world. Violating people's rights aren't going to make it better.

omgitzhammertime
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugsie Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:58 am

CAUSE YOU CAN'T PLAY ONLINE
Hugsie
Hugsie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Male Posts : 274
IGN : Allerian/FIYAAH

Back to top Go down

Post by MythicDragon Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Are you serious? O.o

HE'S NOT SEARCHING MY COMPUTER!!!
MythicDragon
MythicDragon
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 9
IGN : MythicDragon
Class : Dainn/Wizard
Level : 7x

Back to top Go down

Post by Itachi6972 Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:08 am

MythicDragon wrote:Are you serious? O.o

That was my first reaction lol. I voted for this guy to help me not search my computer Razz
Itachi6972
Itachi6972
Freshman
Freshman

Dom6972
Reborn Arien
6x(6x)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayernae Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Itachi6972 wrote:
MythicDragon wrote:Are you serious? O.o

That was my first reaction lol. I voted for this guy to help me not search my computer Razz

Don't get me started on the declaration of independence and the constitution, and how it all adds together to make this unconstitutional.
Obama can't do this
Sayernae
Sayernae
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 190
IGN : Sayernae/Xynrai/Droplet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:55 am

I agreed with omgitzhammertime.

Unless you BOUGHT the pirated software using real money which constructed a transaction relationship, and then you used it on your pc. And also they can't really do anything if you bit torrent it.

Seriously, there are too many people with pirated softwares out there. Microsoft actually try this stunt before, shutting down system with illegal windows, but they can't really disclose any information because it valid human rights. tongue

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

IGN : Hentrix
Class : Dacy
Level : 80

http://I have a portfolio of my work, but not for Lunia. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayernae Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:46 am

Hentrix wrote:I agreed with omgitzhammertime.

Unless you BOUGHT the pirated software using real money which constructed a transaction relationship, and then you used it on your pc. And also they can't really do anything if you bit torrent it.

Seriously, there are too many people with pirated softwares out there. Microsoft actually try this stunt before, shutting down system with illegal windows, but they can't really disclose any information because it valid human rights. tongue

QFT
Sayernae
Sayernae
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 190
IGN : Sayernae/Xynrai/Droplet

Back to top Go down

Post by ProAtForums Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:57 pm

I did some research regarding this as it is the first i heard o fit. I can't find the story or anything related to it from any reliable source. I refuse to believe a news article about my country from a Russian source, or any other foreign country for that matter.

If anyone has seen this reference in local American media, please let me know. I am really interested in this, but I'm having trouble finding sources.

Edit:

I answered my own question. The legislation in question is the ACTA, which is an international agreement currently in the works.
ProAtForums
ProAtForums
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 61
IGN : ProAtCooking
Class : Delishus healer.
Level : 7x (14x)

http://www.teamrecursive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down