Audacity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help with English and Math!!

+4
SyoraChan
YakuzuSanada
SecksIsMyGame
therefugee
8 posters

Go down

I need help with English and Math!! Empty I need help with English and Math!!

Post by therefugee Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:59 pm

what's the slope's formula?

and...

can you guys suggest some subordinating conjunctions?

i know, im a newb Sad
therefugee
therefugee
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 208
IGN : TheRefugee
Class : Dainn Crowley
Level : 63

Back to top Go down

I need help with English and Math!! Empty Re: I need help with English and Math!!

Post by SecksIsMyGame Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Slope's formula is y2-y1/x2-x1.

Subordinating Conjunctions? Only ones I can think off the top of my head is Because and Although. Just choose words that show the relationship between two clauses.
SecksIsMyGame
SecksIsMyGame
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 19
IGN : xBowjob
Anaesthesia
Hyperborean
SecksIsMyGame
xAsphyxia
Eternix
Class : Arien
Dacy
Yuki
Eir
Lime
Tia

Level : 75(76)
72(202)
61(62)
63(113)
43(105)
55(110)

Back to top Go down

I need help with English and Math!! Empty Re: I need help with English and Math!!

Post by therefugee Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:25 pm

for slope.. is that divided by? or a fraction?
therefugee
therefugee
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by YakuzuSanada Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:40 am

therefugee wrote:for slope.. is that divided by? or a fraction?

just plug in the two coordinates and u get ur answer in a fraction, or slope.
YakuzuSanada
YakuzuSanada
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 95
IGN : YakuzuSanada/Luminesence/xEstrella/KyoshouAzai
Class : Royal Wizard/Healer/Archer/Knight
Level : 67/62/60/50

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 am

Divided by or fraction is pretty much the same. Depends on your teacher, math teachers like to leave things in fractions because they are exact numbers. when you divide it, it will become decimals and they are only approximates if they aren't nice numbers. Usually physics teachers want it in decimals because they want it in the right significant digit. But either way, it's basically the same thing.
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Female Posts : 378
IGN : SyoraChan
Class : Eir- RBed.
Level : 14x

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=869965252

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugsie Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:22 pm

algebra 1 ftw
Hugsie
Hugsie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Male Posts : 274
IGN : Allerian/FIYAAH

Back to top Go down

Post by therefugee Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:15 am

SyoraChan wrote:

Divided by or fraction is pretty much the same. Depends on your teacher, math teachers like to leave things in fractions because they are exact numbers. when you divide it, it will become decimals and they are only approximates if they aren't nice numbers. Usually physics teachers want it in decimals because they want it in the right significant digit. But either way, it's basically the same thing.

that didn't really answer my question.. >.> but i figured it out
therefugee
therefugee
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:45 am

therefugee wrote:
SyoraChan wrote:

but the question you asked, the options you said are the same thing D: I tried to explain to you why it's the same thing >_>
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:42 pm

functions, algebra, equations, linear, quadratic, exponential, logarithmic, polynomial, rational functions, Parabola.. Brings me good high school memory, But its all just an experience to me now, I barely have any knowledge of it anymore. (Maybe if i sit in a class it will remind me of it.. ;P )

You got some good, smart, helpful guildie here to help you, hope you do well in your classes. Smile

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

IGN : Hentrix
Class : Dacy
Level : 80

http://I have a portfolio of my work, but not for Lunia. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by therefugee Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 am

SyoraChan wrote:
therefugee wrote:
SyoraChan wrote:

but the question you asked, the options you said are the same thing D: I tried to explain to you why it's the same thing >_>

syore... say it in english.. u no i cant understand wut ur saying with algebraic stuff and divide this and dat ._.
therefugee
therefugee
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:16 am

therefugee wrote:
SyoraChan wrote:
therefugee wrote:
SyoraChan wrote:

syore... say it in english.. u no i cant understand wut ur saying with algebraic stuff and divide this and dat ._.

o.o

a fraction = divided by (or decimal or however you like to call it.) It is the same thing because... a fraction is the EXACT answer of that decimal value when you divided by it.
Eg. 1/2 . -> the decimal value that is equal to this fraction is what you get when you divide 1 by 2. And this is true, for all numbers...

And if the number isn't a nice decimal, let's say 2/9 which gives you .22 repeating, that is why some times math questions, or your teacher, etc. want your number to stay in a fraction so it is an exact value. Once you start saying that it is .22 to the nearest hundredth you have rounded the decimal.

let's say 10 what is the fraction for 10? well just put it over 1 so the fraction is 10/1 which is 10. Like you got 1 pocket with 10 pennies, how many pennies do you have per pocket? 10 pennies.

lala I don't know how else to explain it D:. it is the simplest i can say.
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by IceDevil Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:33 am

your part asian, and ur taking Algebra 1 at 14 Question Question Question
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Male Posts : 377
Class : Yuki
Level : 6x! YAY ME! (clap clap clap)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayernae Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 am

IceDevil wrote:your part asian, and ur taking Algebra 1 at 14 Question Question Question

Trig ftw
Sayernae
Sayernae
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 190
IGN : Sayernae/Xynrai/Droplet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down