Audacity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overwhelming noobiness all around.

+11
yukinoran
DirtyDacy
MallEmoIsIT!
Leca
Franci
xDorkiie
ProAtForums
xPeanut
AppleProduct
MrAaron
Tommmmmmy
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Overwhelming noobiness all around. Empty Overwhelming noobiness all around.

Post by Tommmmmmy Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 am

There were 2 things that triggered me to write this topic.

1. Imagine H soldin run. The team is 60+ Every member of the team is rb'ed.
I play lime at the current moment. At the end I am the one with 2 lives and my party is dead. Everyone who played lime knows that limes die the fastest.... and yet I am the only one alive. There could be lots of things to mention like for example sieg lvl 130+ that is unaware of play dead + counteraatack methods against soldin's staff.... but nvm.

2. Imagine L tarask run. The team is 65+ rb'ed. Except me (lvl 64). The only one who survives is lolwut. I die because I put too much trust in eir. What I mean exactly? Let's imagine that party is in full health. We are fighting turtles. I am the only one with around 150hp. Now I rush my non x-formed lime near turtle to use new jellies. I don't do it right away - I go around turtle so when it spins around it will throw me in eir's direction in worst case. It happens exatly as predicted. I got knocked far away - but in the direction of eir. While being in air I pass the eir and land somewhere behind her. Area is clean. I do f-1-1 (even before landing). Nope I am not ressed. That's what I call entrusting eir too much. I feel ashamed of myself because lolwut is alive and I knew he had some high expectations of me...at least before I died.

Now.... let's imagine 59 - 60 lvl team at H soldin before myth patch (old exp system). What are the chances such party will fail? 5% ? Maybe less....

Furthermore after doing some tittle farming I noticed that my opinion about myself was overrated too. Only after 100 drake/daru/tarask runs I have realised my noobiness. I am now 100% sure that a lvl 25-30 non rb team is able to do H daru in less than 2:30. Impossible? Nope. And I considered myself a pure stager....

Comboing? I thought it was useless in stage...until I started speed runs. In normal case combos are trully useless. Before a party kills one mob I will have new fol recharged. So I don't care... but for speed runs.. like 1:00 drake 1:27 daru 2:27 lir... How many times I can use new fol? 3 times? How many mobs are there? 10? 15?

Numpad or normal arrows? The difference in mobility is seen only in pvp and stage speed runs.

Knowing other classes? Only after playing certain class one can achieve ability to predict team's movement's well enough. Essential skill for stage speed runs. Or something more ambitious than CM.....

I considered myself pro. I changed the mind after starting to pvp. I changed my mind even more after starting speed runs. Only after realising how big noob I was it gave me motivation to work on myself, my teamwork, my skills.

After some time passed and after some more practical skills I have gained I realised one more thing: I am the one that stands out now. There are very few ppl who can match my skills. I know some of the pros that I can count on always. But the rest? Furthermore I know there are people for whom my skills are only 20% of THEIR skills. I wonder how much irritated and angry they are nowadays.... I am starting to understand Seraphice (former leader of Kaizen) on why he left Lunia....

I miss the good old times....

Tommmmmmy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Overwhelming noobiness all around. Empty Re: Overwhelming noobiness all around.

Post by MrAaron Thu May 07, 2009 4:13 am

Good old times?
What are good times.

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Male Posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleProduct Thu May 07, 2009 7:21 am

MrAaron wrote:Good old times?
What are good times.
I think hes referring to when the game just came out.
When a new game comes out their is a small community and they are extremely friendly.
Like people who come from open beta or closed beta.
The game goes good for a few months then comes crashing down when the "new wave" of players.
And in this " new wave" of players there are ton of noobs lol.

AppleProduct
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 228
IGN : AppleProduct
Class : Dainn
Level : 7X

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAaron Thu May 07, 2009 7:28 am

I started last month ;D
I wouldn't know.

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by xPeanut Thu May 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Yeah, I miss the old times too.

Alot of ppl in this game are dicks and rude alot.
xPeanut
xPeanut
Senior/Moderator
Senior/Moderator

Male Posts : 454
IGN : God.
Class : Jesus.
Level : 99

http://www.myspace.com/turtlezzz

Back to top Go down

Post by ProAtForums Thu May 07, 2009 9:25 pm

I agree 100%.

I know we spent some time talking about it before you signed off the other day when most of this happened.

I spent some time helping Peanut do some runs at 6-10H and I ran one with Tom the other day as well. I honestly do not understand how people get to 60+ and still can't manage to function effectively on a stage they run dozens of times. In both instances there were people in the party who could not cut it.

Peanut and I spent the entire duration of the run at the front of the line weaving in and out of groups of mobs. In most cases the other people on the team were cowering at the back of the stage getting owned by a single mob. Even at the boss, Peanut and I were all over Rigel giving constant warnings of when to run away based on voice (F32). People just don't know how to play, in my opinion.

Even when I did a run with Tom, the other people on the team couldn't keep up. The only time I died was at Soldin, intentionally no less to reset my JoG cool down. Tom didn't die at all even though he constantly pushed and never slowed down and begged for heals. Why? Because he was able to trust his healer.

I know how to manage my cool downs. I know which classes need more attention than others based on their HP and ability to get out of tough spots. I how long I can leave you on the ground before you die when you have 0 HP. There are very few bosses in this game that I have not mastered, most because I have not had the chance to fight them on a regular basis. I can pretty much spend an unlimited amount of time evading those same bosses, and I have solo'd quite a few as a FS Eir. I understand the in's and out's of my main class, and on a conceptual level I understand the same for all other classes in the game.

I consider myself a pro. I dare say it shows in the reputation I have built for myself over my time spent playing Lunia. I was a newb once myself, but I learned from my mistakes and tried to improve myself. Why can't others do the same? I guess you could argue that some people have fun regardless of how good they are at the game, which is true. But those aren't the type of people I want to party with unless I am in the mood to fool around.

On that same token, when I know someone is inexperienced I try to help them. I offer advice based on my own experiences with the hopes that they will be able to improve. However, if I noticed they refuse to take that advice or heed my warnings, I won't want to spend more time playing with those people. This is even reflected in the guild with the members I have started to take on Myth runs. I know it is hard to get experience with Myth runs if you don't have strong equips and so on. I try to take people with me regularly to give them an opportunity to get some experience and rewards. The members I have taken with me and who have learned from their mistakes and taken the advice of other people still come on Myth raids with me. They continue to improve and become valuable assets to my own and other Myth runs.

I noticed you mentioned something about being embarrassed because someone who knows you to be an excellent player didn't get to see you at the peak of your form. I have experienced this so much within the past week and it really frustrates me. I have taken a lot of inexperienced players with me on Myth runs, and nothing embarrasses me more than having my friends join our parties and having them turn into complete messes.

/rant
ProAtForums
ProAtForums
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 61
IGN : ProAtCooking
Class : Delishus healer.
Level : 7x (14x)

http://www.teamrecursive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleProduct Fri May 08, 2009 12:01 am

People enjoy typing essays lol

AppleProduct
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 228
IGN : AppleProduct
Class : Dainn
Level : 7X

Back to top Go down

Post by xDorkiie Fri May 08, 2009 12:03 am

These replies are to long. I don't read long stuff.
xDorkiie
xDorkiie
Freshman
Freshman

Female Posts : 172
IGN : Yell0w
Class : Arien
Level : 7x (7x)

https://www.youtube.com/user/BewmmShakkalaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAaron Fri May 08, 2009 2:32 am

Me too. o__o
Sometimes I wish I can just speak like:
Me. Ice cream. Want.

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Franci Fri May 08, 2009 5:43 am

But this is a must read
THis must be sticked. Promptly. Period.
Franci
Franci
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 60
IGN : Arienancis (main)

Class : Arien

Level : 66 (106)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAaron Fri May 08, 2009 5:54 am

Why? Summarize it for me.

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Leca Fri May 08, 2009 6:20 am

Tommmmmmy wrote:T

1. for example sieg lvl 130+ that is unaware of play dead + counteraatack methods against soldin's staff.... but nvm.

in my defence.
That staff comes out reeeeaaaly fast xD

jk. but still its hard for me to reach my shift button in time! (some of the time)

Now.... let's imagine 59 - 60 lvl team at H soldin before myth patch (old exp system). What are the chances such party will fail? 5% ? Maybe less....

agreed. the only time ive ever failed it is when me and nut tried to solo rigel

Furthermore after doing some tittle farming I noticed that my opinion about myself was overrated too. Only after 100 drake/daru/tarask runs I have realised my noobiness. I am now 100% sure that a lvl 25-30 non rb team is able to do H daru in less than 2:30. Impossible? Nope. And I considered myself a pure stager....

Comboing? I thought it was useless in stage...until I started speed runs. In normal case combos are trully useless. Before a party kills one mob I will have new fol recharged. So I don't care... but for speed runs.. like 1:00 drake 1:27 daru 2:27 lir... How many times I can use new fol? 3 times? How many mobs are there? 10? 15?

I considered myself pro. I changed the mind after starting to pvp. I changed my mind even more after starting speed runs. Only after realising how big noob I was it gave me motivation to work on myself, my teamwork, my skills.

we all have theese moments
i had mine when i realized that
the best people were busy playing private partys ~.~

After some time passed and after some more practical skills I have gained I realised one more thing: I am the one that stands out now. There are very few ppl who can match my skills. I know some of the pros that I can count on always. But the rest? Furthermore I know there are people for whom my skills are only 20% of THEIR skills. I wonder how much irritated and angry they are nowadays.... I am starting to understand Seraphice (former leader of Kaizen) on why he left Lunia....

i am not irrated at all simply because i avoid thoose people
cheers!

Razz
Leca
Leca
Senior
Senior

Male Posts : 288
IGN : Leca, Lecafoz
Class : Arien, sieg
Level : 77, 77

Back to top Go down

Post by MallEmoIsIT! Thu May 14, 2009 4:05 am

so much long comments ._.
MallEmoIsIT!
MallEmoIsIT!
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 203
IGN : Undzy..
Class : Dainn..
Level : about 200 i think..

http://www.georock.ge/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAaron Thu May 14, 2009 6:57 am

We should limit posts to 100 characters.

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyDacy Fri May 15, 2009 1:33 am

lol i agree. I just read like the first paragraph :X

DirtyDacy
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 80
IGN : DirtyDacy
Class : Dacy
Level : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAaron Fri May 15, 2009 4:42 am

I tried reading pass the 2nd sentence
Didn't work out. Sad

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by yukinoran Fri May 15, 2009 6:01 am

same here....btw wonna tell me how long ppl lie on ground b4 they die? xx...
yukinoran
yukinoran
Freshman
Freshman

Female Posts : 59
IGN : cymbidium~
Class : healer~
Level : 57 T^T

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAaron Fri May 15, 2009 6:31 am

1000 years if Im not there.
5 seconds If im there holding any weapon.

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyDacy Fri May 15, 2009 2:02 pm

lol wat if it was ur mommy? D:

DirtyDacy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by xPeanut Fri May 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Lmao.

I hate reading long stuff too. D;
1st sentance, there we go. =]

><''

8-]
It just gets, overwhelming and I stop reading. -.-"
xPeanut
xPeanut
Senior/Moderator
Senior/Moderator

Male Posts : 454
IGN : God.
Class : Jesus.
Level : 99

http://www.myspace.com/turtlezzz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAaron Fri May 15, 2009 10:02 pm

DirtyDacy wrote:lol wat if it was ur mommy? D:

2 seconds.

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyDacy Sat May 16, 2009 5:39 am

o.O U dont love ur mommy??!!

At least we are gettin smarter by reading posts/essays lol

DirtyDacy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAaron Sat May 16, 2009 6:42 am

;D
Im just that Aaron.

MrAaron
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyDacy Mon May 18, 2009 6:17 am

Lol

DirtyDacy
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Koyuuki Tue May 19, 2009 5:55 am

I read all the long comments! \o/

But that's because... I like to... read. *Lame*

Anyways, yeah. I've never staged with Tom, but I consider Pro to be veryvery pro. I look up to him and his fast pace. And Legend doesn't count in my case, because I've never started... >_>;
And I try my best to listen to his advice. :3
Like when I did 4-10L with him, he taught me that passing the door to Tarask will make you a target for......
I wanna say the turtles. Was it just the turtles? Maybe the sharks, too? Erm, something like that. I tried! xD;;

Ah, but if people aren't willing to listen (which most of the time in my case, they aren't. x_x;;), then there's not much else you can do but to make a mental note and not party with them again, I guess.

OH. And I'm extremely envious of you PvP'ers out there. Let me watch you/goosh over your combos? x3
Koyuuki
Koyuuki
Freshman
Freshman

Female Posts : 32
IGN : Koyuuki
Class : Ice Wizard/Yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum