Audacity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yuki combo guide

2 posters

Go down

Yuki combo guide Empty Yuki combo guide

Post by IceDevil Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:13 am

hi, I'm NOT here to tell some wich skills to get and which skills to not max, that's your choice. However, I write this guide assuming that you have at least one point in every skill.

I'm also not going to give you a list of combos to memorize. that's no fun. hopefully, if you take anything from this guide, it is that you can have a flexible fighting strategy that doesnt involve relying on 1 combo that you must have.

What makes yuki so good in pvp is the fact that her skills are powerful, and have a low cooldown.
A pro yuki is able to link her skills into a combo, while her other skills are cooling.

I write this also assuming you know basic yuki skills, pvp terms, and how pvp works. if you dont, learn about pvp and come back later. Smile

Basic Combo Starters:
AAS: Basic starter that lifts them in the air. Risky against Tias,since they can cancle your attack b4 you press S
AS: Same as above, but hits them higher up. You lose an attack though (I prefer this one, but you need the former to infinite)
AAAA: This will not work for 2 reasons: You will most likely be canceled before you can hit them in the air, and it's very hard to combo, the way the attack is set up

Infinite:
Yuki is a win because she has a melee only infinite. If your running low on mp, infinite them until you recharge more.
AAS-AAA>>AS (>> means dash) repeat. This takes timing, which is something I can't teach you. Practice in the practice field.

Quirky things to do with yuki skills:
Ice Bomb can be used to continue a combo, although doing so will sacrifice 2 or maybe 3 of the four hits.
AS-AAAA>>AS IceBomb >> AS *space* is a pretty simple combo that can get prrety good damage at low levels.

Ice Arrow is a must in pvp because it is yuki's only homing skill. It's homing capabilities are great, and there's 6 of them. It's great b/c it stuns the enemy, giving you time to rushing them, or regaing mp while they run. great for combos too

Ice Fist is a great skill that most people max. I don't for the fact that there is a better Rebirth Ice Fist, and I use it to continue combos, or as a low mp finisher when the enemy is red or has low hp. you can use this to shift against walls, or allow the enemy to fall, so the damage decay is reset, then use this skill to continue. ex of use:
AS-AAAA>>AS IceBomb >> AS (let them fall) Ice Fist>>AS (other skills)

Ice Pillar is a great skill in stage, in pvp, not so much. it can only hit two times since the enemy is so small, but you can use this to undershift the oppenent for more comboing. be careful in the fact that the pillars dont appear at the same time, they seem to go infront of you, and spread in a clockwise direction, so dont dash cancel out of it too early. ex:
AS-AAAA>>AS IceBomb >> AS (let them fall) Ice Fist>>AS Ice Pillar (dash cancel, get under openent, turn around) AAAA>>AS

Icicle Rain is a very useful skill in the fact that you shoot 12 icicles that randomly fall around you. it can juggle enimes, leading to air combos, and can also be used for undershifting, like ice pillar. let it hit the enemy 2-4 times before cancleling, in the next combo, ice rain is before ice pillar, because that way the 2 damage reset skills are put next to each other,
AS-AAAA>>AS IceBomb >> AS (let them fall) Ice Fist>>AS Icicle Rain (dash cancel, get under openent, turn around) AAAA>>AS Ice Pillar (dash cancel, get under openent, turn around) AAAA>>AS

As you can see. most combos can be continued be using AAAA>>AS followed be a skill, dash cancle, and then another AAAA>>AS skill....

Meteor is a good comboing skill that's hard to hit, but has a great AOE, and leaves great air time. it's pretty good regarding damage, but you can only hit with it if:
1. ur lucky
2. the oppenent cant dodge
3. you combo into it
4. the enemy is distracted
There fore, i will leave comboing of this skill for other purpouses.
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Male Posts : 377
Class : Yuki
Level : 6x! YAY ME! (clap clap clap)

Back to top Go down

Yuki combo guide Empty Re: Yuki combo guide

Cold Whirlwind is great for pvp in the fact that it has a unique trait of making enemies on the floor "stand up" for a while, which allows you to attack them. It's also great to cancle out any major skills they are about to use, or flinch them so you can attack them.
AS-AAAA>>AS IceBomb >> AS (let them fall) Ice Fist >>AS Icicle Rain (dash cancel, get under openent, turn around) AAAA>>AS Ice Pillar (dash cancel, get under openent, turn around) AAAA>>AS Cold Whirlwind (run to whereever they are) AS-AAAA>>AS IceBomb >> AS (by now, IceBomb will have reset)

Ice Dragon heart is great in stage against bosses and the rb one is great against mobs, however, in pvp, the people are small, so its harder to get a good shot with this skill. It can be used as an effective decoy so you can regain some mp, or as a way to get a strong, slow casting time skill in, like meteor. The rebirth Heart is 2x strong as the old heart when maxed, and its way bigger. Here's a really easy, spam combo that you can do once you hit level 24
Ice Dragon Heart towards the enemy (works best if they are running towards you). If you are rb, face diagnoly to the direction they run and use the new rb Heart. Ice Arrow, which will stun them and get them flinched so they cant run, And then Meteor! =) If you are rb you can follow with the bigger meteor..... fun spam combo that works most of the time.

Cold Nuclear is a good skill in pvp, because you can freeze people in the air, or ground, so you can shift, or use a powerfull skill. It's not for damage, but most people put it in 4,7,9, or max because each of these levels give the freeze time an extra .5 seconds, which is a LOT. (1 is .7 sec, 4 is 1.2. 7 is 1.7, and 9 is 2.2) having it in 4 should be minimum because .7 gives you virtually no time to do anything. putting it at 7 will give you enough time to cast a meteor on them, and shift.
AS-AAAA>>AS IceBomb >> AS (let them fall) Ice Fist>>AS Icicle Rain (dash cancel, get under openent, turn around) AAAA>>AS Ice Pillar (dash cancel, get under openent, turn around) AAAA>>AS ColdNuclear (shift) AAS-AA>>AS-AAS-AA>>AS....
or you can knock them up into a wall, cold nuclear, wall shift, and keep going...

Ice Dragon is a savior in pvp, due to its near instant cast time (.01 seconds!). Its great for starting combos, and the best thing about it is that you can cancel it midway, (althought the 2 other shots still hit) by dashing or using a skill. Most of the time, the dragon is followed by the meteor, because the meteor hits at a perfect height, and gives the enemy no chance to cancel the meteor. By level 30, you should be able to do the beginning of the famous freeze bind combo (which I didnt make) AAS (thats optional) Ice Dragon, cancel after first hit with Meteor, (wait for it to him them, then cast: Ice Arrow, and because there on the ground, Cold Whirlwind to get them to stand up. They'll get stunned, so you can do Cold Nuclear, and then, at your level, you can just follow it up with any combo you want =)

Breath of Severe Cold is an okay skill in pvp, and at max, it does crazy damage, but it takes 3 seconds to cast, and as far as I know, no skill in pvp makes the enemy imobile long enough for you to cast this skill. Leave it at one when you want to try your look, you can dash cancel out of it, and it the spirirts glow when you cast the skill. I sometimes start a match off with this skill, or in team tourney, after I win, I go to the other side and use the skill in case anyone doesnt expect it =) I dont have any combos with this skill

Cold Inacendence is a fun skill to use, but it's weak, and unpredictable (you dont really know where the skills are falling) Leave it at one if you want to annoy people, or get them trapped so that your teamate can use a good skill on them (backstab, d fist, thunder candy.....)
No combos, The best is may be getting your oppenent in the air at a wall and using it. If your lucky, they will stay floating...

Last edited by IceDevil on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:32 am; edited 3 times in total
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Teleport is good for rushing oppenents and for running away from a powerful attack that you know will hurt. Dont spam it, even though it only has a 10 second cooldown. If you want to be unusually aggresive during a team match, and you can start off with teleport and ice rain shower to get the first hit. =) this can be cancled if ur hit in mid teleport, and you cant travel through walls, projectiles, and people. you teleport the direction ur facing, so if ur getting comboed, make sure you face the other way b4 u teleport, or you'll just come even closer to the enemy. however, because and must face a different direction, AND teleport, it is very hard to escape a combo. therefore, teleports best use in pvp is to get close to your enemy without them expecting.

Element of Freezing is an okay skill in pvp. if you mess up, you are DEAD with this skill, because it takes a long time for the skill to complete, and you cant cancle it. DO NOT RISK IT! YOU WILL MOST LIKELY FAIL! therefore, only use this skill if you have them frozen. because this skill freezes them for a bit, (.3 seconds at level one per shot, 11 shots) if the enemy gets hit by 1 shot, they will most likely get hit by the other shots. once you hit level 50, you are another step closer to the freezebind combo (which i will explain later) simple combos would be to cold nuclear them, and use this skill. or the freezebind:Ice Dragon, cancel after first hit with Meteor, (wait for it to him them, then cast: Ice Arrow, and because there on the ground, Cold Whirlwind to get them to stand up. They'll get stunned, so you can do Cold Nuclear, since they're frozen and cant escape. Element of Freezing, when it's done just use another combo, since you still have ice rain, ice pllar, ice bomb, and ice fist free.

Ice Blizzard (name check?) is a good skill to use in pvp if you have a group of people in the same spot, or the enemy(s) are in a corner. You can also use this skill to regain your mana (cast it, run to the middle, and charge). The enemy will most likely run away, so you can just charge it around 1 or 2 times, which is 2/5 of you mp! This is the final step of the freezebind combo, and therefore, I will explain it more:

The freezbind combo is great because it uses hard-to hit skills in pvp, suffers no damage decay (besides from the meteor after ice dragon), and is also inescapable if the correct timing is used. The only downside is that its a spam crazy skill, so if you dont have enough mp, EPIC FAIL! It's also recomended that the oppenent be exactly in front of you, or the cold nuclear might miss:

(optional)AAS, Ice Dragon, (cancle after first hit with meteor) after the meteor hits the oppenent, IceArrow, follow imediatly with Cold Whirlwind, Cold Nuclear Right away, Ice Blizzard, Element of freezing... (at least half of there hp should be gone now).

You can then start any combo you want to. You can even start the combo with AAAA, because the IceBlizzard will continue to stun them, sp they cant cancle! Note that for this combo to work, cold nuclear MUST be at least 4, 7 if you want it to be effective for sure, And Ice arrow should higher then 5 I think.

Im not sure if it's possible, since I'm not RB yet, but you could be able to use the rb meteor after the first meteor, and dash foward, use Ice Arrow, Cold Nuclear....

Ice Queen is Yuki's level 60 skill, in my honest opinion, it's not that good comparng to other level 60 skills. I wish Yuki had an awsome ice skill, like if she TRANSFORMED into the ice queen, but we already have 2 transform lvl 60 skills already. Its bad in pvp if any class uses a fire type skill on it, as its very weak to fire. Also, it will not attack if it is not attacked yet, so a pro can ignore the ice queen and attack the yuki. It also takes a while to cast, and can possibly screw up your combos.
However on the upside, the Ice Queen is pretty great when its attacking, and it can save you if your being comboed. It's pretty powerful too.

In conclusion, Yuki is a very flexible charachter when it comes to comboing, unlike dainns which do not have as many combos as yukis. due to our ability to cancle our skills midway, undershift, melee infinite, and low cooldowns, Yukis can chain combos together very easily.
The biggest hint for PVP i can give you is to link all your skills together, and to practice a lot.

Good Luck, and Have Fun.

Last edited by IceDevil on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by IceDevil Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:55 am

Guide Completed (i think)
Feel free to leave critism and comments
NO FLAMING
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:22 am

Nice guide ;o. I will try to post more when I have time.

Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 261
IGN : HyunShot
Class : Arien
Level : 1

http://audacity.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by IceDevil Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:24 am

ty