Audacity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help a noobie sieg!

3 posters

Go down

help a noobie sieg! Empty help a noobie sieg!

Post by Leca Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:34 am

basically im trying to do myth nows
i keep dying though as i onl have 4k hp
basically all i do is run to the side of all the monsters then voke then hug the wall
i meatshield and get healed while everyone else cept eir attacks the monsters
unfortunately I DIE <- so i think im doing something wrong.
basically i get hit until i get knocked on the ground and just wait there. when eir uses beads i get up again and get knocked back down.
unofrtunately though i must be doing something wrong because monsters sometimes lose aggro!
i dont know what to do because if i get out of my wall then it becomes very hard to set back up the wall (unless i go other side)
and often my voke is on cooldown since the cd is 27 secs while it only lasts 15
so my question is if i lose aggro on a monster and it goes after eveyrone what should i do?
should i stay and tank the rest? or do i try to escape and aggro them all over again.
it is hard to voke all the monsters after i break it because they often seperate after that
and it is hard to get walled again after i break it because getting the first wall is easy. but its nearly impossible to get walled while the enemy is already touching the wall.
so what should a sieg doo?
Leca
Leca
Senior
Senior

Male Posts : 288
IGN : Leca, Lecafoz
Class : Arien, sieg
Level : 77, 77

Back to top Go down

help a noobie sieg! Empty Re: help a noobie sieg!

Post by Hentrix Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Myth is a team stage. Its nearly impossible for one person to overtake the whole stage by themselves, unless they have endless reju pots.

Usually what happens is a seig or tia will bait all 5 monster to attack him/herself while the rest of the party attack except for eir, she will focus on healing.

Eir shouldn't be attacking, she should focus on healing the meat shield.

the rest of the party will wait for all the monster to be aggro to the meatshield before proceeding an attack. When they attack, they shouldn't even get close to the monster, cause they might get hit. But even if they do, its nothing to be panic about, 2k hp, can take 3-4 hits by a monster, so Eir and the player shouldn't panic and start running around. if they get caught, just run away from the monster then re-approach carefully.

If it happens accordingly, even if Seig ran out of provoke, the monster should continue to aggro towards meat shield, they tend to attack the closest player or the player that they were attacking previously. Like a Star @ heaven answer to your question⭐ When a monster loses aggro on the meat shield, the party should all retreat back to a save distance, then the monster will go back to attacking the meat shield again. (this doesn't usually happen because people tend to attack as they retreat scratch which ruin the purpose of using a meat shield, which also led the meat shield's death because healer cant get back to her post to heal meat shield.) while the party is retreating because aggro was lose, meat shield can perform some form of attack to get the monster's attention.

If you don't have provoke anymore, just attack them. Attacking provokes them too. Also, use zhatoom pots if available, especially for the meat shield. Meat shield with zhatoom pot can attack while protecting the whole party. With a good healer (healer that focus on healing and not attacking) you shouldn't be worrying about your health. Myth monster are stun-able (unlike bonus monsters), so you shouldn't be taking too much hits.

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

IGN : Hentrix
Class : Dacy
Level : 80

http://I have a portfolio of my work, but not for Lunia. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Leca Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:00 am

so if i lose aggro just stick to my position and let the monster come back to me?
Leca
Leca
Senior
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:57 am

pretty much, yes. you rather loose 1 of the 5 then to loose all 5 aggro monster. you can also use your range skills to attract the one that got loose, and hope that your party was far enough that he will go back to you.

If you got an experience enough player in your party, they might know how to lure the monster back to attacking you, the meat shield. (i am still practicing doing that.)

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Leca Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:53 pm

im fairly confident on my luring skills now
however when a single monster breaks through its pure hell..
Leca
Leca
Senior
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 am

haha, that's why your team need to be smart and lure that monster back to you or lure it away from the party. Many times when one breaks loose, if party keep attacking it, it will just create havoc. End up someone will loose a life.

what i always do is i try to lure it back to the meat shield, if it doesn't work, i will lure it away from the party, and then i will maneuver around the beast to meet back up with my party to kill off the ones that are still focusing on the lure, and then deal with the one that got loose after.

Remember, Myth has to be done as a team. Every player plays a role, dont call them noobs if they make mistakes. We were all once noobs, so let them know what they should do next time and hope for a better run in the future Smile

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Leca Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 am

yigwak is total noob
he argued with tommy and iris while doing nothing. infact half the time he forgets to charge ~.~
Leca
Leca
Senior
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by xPeanut Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:37 am

That's too much too read.
But, I'll say this.
-Dance, it'll kill everything.
I've done it.
=D
xPeanut
xPeanut
Senior/Moderator
Senior/Moderator

Male Posts : 454
IGN : God.
Class : Jesus.
Level : 99

http://www.myspace.com/turtlezzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Leca wrote:yigwak is total noob
he argued with tommy and iris while doing nothing. infact half the time he forgets to charge ~.~

YIGwak is a she..... Laughing (at least that's what her info in the forum says.. Razz)

And Hurray cheers cheers for the Eir!!!! Laughing

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Leca Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:55 am

iri's sssss hits 800x5 per monster
that is why i stay on ground and have eir heal me as little as possible
because eir is more dps than i will ever be T_T
Leca
Leca
Senior
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down