Audacity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ap Stats Project

3 posters

Go down

Ap Stats Project Empty Ap Stats Project

Post by HaroooHaruka Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:17 am

Well for my stats class I have a project, as the topic says and I need an idea. For the project we need to conduct a "survey" and gather samples from the population. Well my "survey" can range from a lot of things actually o.o. It's not really a survey, but I just call it that. Here are some examples that past students have done in that class.

Ex. A good looking girl wears a specific color when she asks random guys what their favorite color is. Let's say on one day she wears blue, and she asks a random male what color they like. The male answers blue because the good looking girl is wearing that. In this "survey" the girl is trying to figure out if there is a relation between what color she wears and the answer the guys give her.

Sorry if this sounds confusing...

Ex. 2. Someone wants to test which gender has better patience. The "survey" will go as follows: Ask a random person to take a picture of them with a camera. Keep finding what's wrong with the picture and persistently ask the random person to take more pictures. The more pictures the person agrees to take means they have more patience.

Well what I need help is coming up with a unique idea @_@... I want to do something that's interesting and that someone would like to know.

If you guys would like to help me out and think of an idea Very Happy feel free to post haha. If not, it's okay, I'll think of something sunny
HaroooHaruka
HaroooHaruka
Freshman
Freshman

Female Posts : 25
IGN : oooHaruka

Class : Eir
Level : 71 (141)

Back to top Go down

Ap Stats Project Empty Re: Ap Stats Project

Post by IceDevil Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:26 am

the first one sounds interesting, but the second one sounds more fun to do.
i'd like to know the results of the first one though =)
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Male Posts : 377
Class : Yuki
Level : 6x! YAY ME! (clap clap clap)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:18 am

Don't know if you still need ideas.

But I like the first one. Just need to worry about the good looking girl part. Neutral

the second example you have is unethical. If you plan to do something that will somewhat cause a negative feedback to your sample target, you have to debrief them afterward. (More work)

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

IGN : Hentrix
Class : Dacy
Level : 80

http://I have a portfolio of my work, but not for Lunia. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down