Audacity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone a Bio Genius?

+9
Hentrix
YakuzuSanada
IceDevil
Andrew
therefugee
AppleProduct
Sayernae
Cried
SyoraChan
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone a Bio Genius? Empty Anyone a Bio Genius?

Post by SyoraChan Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:45 am

Ahh, I'm doomed. I have a bio exam on immunity and circulation monday and the notes I have on the whole unit is almost 2 inches thick D:. If someone is like a bio genius out there... explain to me how you can obtain passive immunity from breast milk (colostrum) or placenta and why does passive immunity give protection right away compared to active immunity? and what in the world is natural immunity o.o I get the circulation part but immunity is a little blehhh >_>
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Female Posts : 378
IGN : SyoraChan
Class : Eir- RBed.
Level : 14x

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=869965252

Back to top Go down

Anyone a Bio Genius? Empty Re: Anyone a Bio Genius?

Post by Cried Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:55 am

well you can jsut search it up in the internet btw ;o
Cried
Cried
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayernae Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:02 am

Cried wrote:well you can jsut search it up in the internet btw ;o

We don't cheat xD
Sayernae
Sayernae
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 190
IGN : Sayernae/Xynrai/Droplet

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:11 am

Sayernae wrote:
Cried wrote:well you can jsut search it up in the internet btw ;o

We don't cheat xD

rofl

Well the problem is, it's really hard to understand even from the internet because they try to use all these fancy language >_>
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleProduct Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:55 am

Are you taking a certain type of bio?..
Cuz I took bio in 7th grade ~.~

AppleProduct
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 228
IGN : AppleProduct
Class : Dainn
Level : 7X

Back to top Go down

Post by therefugee Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:36 pm

i think i know dis!!

the baby drinks the milk and then grows up... done Very Happy
therefugee
therefugee
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 208
IGN : TheRefugee
Class : Dainn Crowley
Level : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:39 pm

lol I took bio like.. 7 years ago? freshman in high school o-o

Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 261
IGN : HyunShot
Class : Arien
Level : 1

http://audacity.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:24 pm

This is Bio 20 IB in Canada.. err somethign equivalent to like an AP class of Bio during their junior year? idk how school system works there. But yeahh... I don't feel so good about this exam.. 2 hours ;-;.
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by IceDevil Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:58 pm

i'm taking bio honors in 9th grade and so far, I've learned one thing important that I will use for ever and ever....

Don't take AP bio
IceDevil
IceDevil
Sophomore
Sophomore

Male Posts : 377
Class : Yuki
Level : 6x! YAY ME! (clap clap clap)

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:19 am

IceDevil wrote:i'm taking bio honors in 9th grade and so far, I've learned one thing important that I will use for ever and ever....

Don't take AP bio

lawl, well for IB it is that if you take IB bio, it is a higher level biology course. If I complete bio HL, which is IB, which consists of bio 20 ib, bio 25 ib and bio 30 ib, and I get a final grade of 6-7 out of 7 which is a gpa of 3.75 out of 4; meaning when I go into university or college, depending on what bio 101 is equivalent to in each college, I get credits for the course and I skip onto bio 107.
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by YakuzuSanada Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:46 am

meh i took bio last year. this year im taking chemistry. anyways i may be able to help you a bit, although i dont remember much. passive immunity is obtained through breast milk because the breast milk contains antibodies that the baby takes in. these antibodies serve as the 'militia' until the baby's own immunity begins to strengthen. another way to obtain passive immunity is through a vaccine as well. and natural immunity is immunity that is inherited instead of acquired. most immunization is gain from contact with a antigen/pathogen. however natural immunity is..well....already there. you were born with it
YakuzuSanada
YakuzuSanada
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 95
IGN : YakuzuSanada/Luminesence/xEstrella/KyoshouAzai
Class : Royal Wizard/Healer/Archer/Knight
Level : 67/62/60/50

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:49 am

YakuzuSanada wrote:meh i took bio last year. this year im taking chemistry. anyways i may be able to help you a bit, although i dont remember much. passive immunity is obtained through breast milk because the breast milk contains antibodies that the baby takes in. these antibodies serve as the 'militia' until the baby's own immunity begins to strengthen. another way to obtain passive immunity is through a vaccine as well. and natural immunity is immunity that is inherited instead of acquired. most immunization is gain from contact with a antigen/pathogen. however natural immunity is..well....already there. you were born with it

Thanks, I understand the breast milk part now lawlll.

And I managed to find out how infections work.. it was like somewhere hidden in my 2 inch thick note package ;-;.
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by YakuzuSanada Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 am

SyoraChan wrote:
YakuzuSanada wrote:meh i took bio last year. this year im taking chemistry. anyways i may be able to help you a bit, although i dont remember much. passive immunity is obtained through breast milk because the breast milk contains antibodies that the baby takes in. these antibodies serve as the 'militia' until the baby's own immunity begins to strengthen. another way to obtain passive immunity is through a vaccine as well. and natural immunity is immunity that is inherited instead of acquired. most immunization is gain from contact with a antigen/pathogen. however natural immunity is..well....already there. you were born with it

And I managed to find out how infections work.. it was like somewhere hidden in my 2 inch thick note package ;-;.

lolz. glad i could i help. if you're still confused there is always the interneeet *singsong voice*
YakuzuSanada
YakuzuSanada
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 95
IGN : YakuzuSanada/Luminesence/xEstrella/KyoshouAzai
Class : Royal Wizard/Healer/Archer/Knight
Level : 67/62/60/50

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:54 am

YakuzuSanada wrote:
SyoraChan wrote:

lolz. glad i could i help. if you're still confused there is always the interneeet *singsong voice*

Yes, I did use internet buttttt D: it got me confused because it gave me more than I needed to know, especially the rhesus factor part, like the whole d/d and D/d and D/D and stuff o.o ... I was just looking why Rh- can give blood to Rh+ and if in the case of Erythoblastosis fetalis, the baby that has Rh+ is given Rh- blood because the mother's Rh- blood has Rh+ antibodies that want to destroy the baby's Rh+ blood and I got a little lost D:.

But now, I think I understand.. ish >_>
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayernae Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:17 am

Andrew wrote:lol I took bio like.. 7 years ago? freshman in high school o-o

Psh koreans
Sayernae
Sayernae
Freshman
Freshman

Male Posts : 190
IGN : Sayernae/Xynrai/Droplet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:56 pm

I have taken Bio 11 and 12 in High school (Canada). Currently Bio isn't my major, but its always an interest to me Smile. Next time, give me a heads up like a week or so before hand, then i can maybe help you with it.

Exclamation Any pre-university student who plans to go on to university, try not to get into an habit of studying the night before hand, it will be treaturous in university. Exclamation Mean while, Hope you did well on your exam Wink

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

IGN : Hentrix
Class : Dacy
Level : 80

http://I have a portfolio of my work, but not for Lunia. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:58 am

Hentrix wrote:I have taken Bio 11 and 12 in High school (Canada). Currently Bio isn't my major, but its always an interest to me Smile. Next time, give me a heads up like a week or so before hand, then i can maybe help you with it.

Exclamation Any pre-university student who plans to go on to university, try not to get into an habit of studying the night before hand, it will be treaturous in university. Exclamation Mean while, Hope you did well on your exam Wink

:3 hehe okayy thankies .. in advance ;3

Well I studied the weekend before lawlll... still sorta bad D: but seriously ;-; IB sucks, that's why I am dropping out of it next year o; And omg today when I walked into the classroom we did part A first and it was written response for the first hour, it was real easy :3... and tomorrow is the multiple choice, hopefully it won't be that bad, I'll review tonight
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 pm

your exams take like few days to complete.. must be a long hard exam. Good luck Wink

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:06 am

Hentrix wrote:your exams take like few days to complete.. must be a long hard exam. Good luck Wink

:3

I did the multiple choice yesterday and got it back today

omggg I'm so happy lawl. All my studying paid off X3~

in total written + multiple choice=

96% o: 144/150.

:3 yayyy x3.
Except I bet I failed my in-class today on cladograms >_> ... I didn't even have time to finish my last cladogram because it made no sense to me what so ever. But luckily, I'm not the only one D:... most people left either the first page or the second page blank because we all had no clue. Too bad in high school they don't rank things from highest grade to lowest grade, or else in this one, everyone would still get a good mark despite of what they actually got because everyone would score around a fail, which means the highest is still bad, so it pulls everyones marks up Very Happy. But noo ;-;.
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:13 pm

are you talking about the "perfect" bell curve? Laughing
every teacher does it, even if they say they are not going to do it. Laughing

they cant have too much students getting high scores, because that means their course material are too easy. They cant have too much student doing poorly because that means the course material are too hard. Either way, it means the teacher can't teach. Laughing But where will the teacher choose to use the bell curve is their choice, sometimes it might be the overall mark, sometimes might be just a few assignments. Wink

Next time, if teacher's assignment ask for weird things, ask the teacher what it is. Laughing (btw, what is a cladogram? Laughing )

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:08 am

Hentrix wrote:are you talking about the "perfect" bell curve? Laughing
every teacher does it, even if they say they are not going to do it. Laughing

they cant have too much students getting high scores, because that means their course material are too easy. They cant have too much student doing poorly because that means the course material are too hard. Either way, it means the teacher can't teach. Laughing But where will the teacher choose to use the bell curve is their choice, sometimes it might be the overall mark, sometimes might be just a few assignments. Wink

Next time, if teacher's assignment ask for weird things, ask the teacher what it is. Laughing (btw, what is a cladogram? Laughing )

True, the class average for the test was 68% soo.. I guess the test was pretty hard because in our advance bio class, averages are usually mid 80s.

And a cladogram is a diagram that is supposed to represent how closely organisms are to each other based on homologous traits. Buttttt, I cannot do them, because like I am expected to know any given animal and any given traits or characteristics that they have... which I don't so I don't know how to form it ;-; I always mess up somewhere... Like a wombat, I thought about it for a long time and I guessed it was a marsupial so no placenta? omg it was just .. fail ._. anyways, I think I failed that in-class and the quiz for it is tomorrow. The teacher explained it, yes we understand how to form one, but it is hard to think what traits each animal given would have. Like does a bird have a jaw? o.o ... yeah I don't think that everyone would know what types of structures or traits each animal has.
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:58 am

well. i guess your cladogram program is over then.. Laughing cause non of your classmates knwo how to do it.. Laughing

aww.. failing is ok. a Mark is only a physical measure of the information you've remember before the test, not how much you knowledge you actually obtain. So don't take it too hard on a failing mark. Wink

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:07 am

lol grats on your bio test!
keep up the A work xD

Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 261
IGN : HyunShot
Class : Arien
Level : 1

http://audacity.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SyoraChan Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:16 am

Andrew wrote:lol grats on your bio test!
keep up the A work xD

Haha thanks Hyun.

Hentrix wrote:well. i guess your cladogram program is over then.. Laughing cause non of your classmates knwo how to do it.. Laughing

aww.. failing is ok. a Mark is only a physical measure of the information you've remember before the test, not how much you knowledge you actually obtain. So don't take it too hard on a failing mark. Wink

I try X3.. somtimes it's like when you know you got a bad mark because you did silly mistakes, that's when I'm hard on myself.
SyoraChan
SyoraChan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Hentrix Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:30 am

SyoraChan wrote:

I try X3.. somtimes it's like when you know you got a bad mark because you did silly mistakes, that's when I'm hard on myself.

Just need to keep one thing in mind, You don't live for the Marks Wink
I've grown immune to "marks", regardless of high or low.. Very Happy I only care for feedback tongue

Hentrix
Freshman
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum